Permanent Position – Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg
9 vacancies available
The purpose of the data engineer is to use their database, software engineering and programming skills to ensure that the necessary data is properly stored on the cloud platform and is available to the data scientists.
- At least 2 years’ experience in programming and modelling of data
- Systems engineering and implementations experience
- Experience on the data services on a cloud platform like Azure, AWS or Google cloud
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- A relevant post graduate degree
Must have detailed knowledge of:
- System architecture (technical design and implementation processes)
- Database analysis, design & administration
- Technical Test Plan Design
- IT systems development processes
- System Engineering
- Application development
- Standards and governance
- Data modelling using:
- Table structures
- Store Procedures
- SSIS Packages
- Cloud Data Services:
- Implementing data pipelines using cloud infrastructure and services
- No-SQL experience on the cloud
- Data engineering and integration services in a hybrid clou environment
Detailed knowledge of:
- Banking systems
- Agile development life cycle
Solid understanding of:
- Best practices for Quality Assurance (QA)
- SQL Server
- Azure platform
- Communications Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Project Management Skills (Methodolgy Specific)
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with People
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Contactable via own mobile phone
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
Please email CV to email@example.com or apply online below
Teams & Open Positions
Have a look at the open positions below, these roles are based in Johannesburg or Cape Town, please read the job description for more detail. Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Integration & Architecture
Analysis, Project & Admin
Contract Position Based in Cape Town Century City We are looking for an Angular Developer to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who strives to develop a first class codebase using Angular best practices. As an...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Product development and implementation of software solutions to support the current and future business model. Experience 4 years’+ proven software development experience Essential...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Responsible for the maintenance of legacy and development of new service orientated applications (SOA) according to specifications. Experience 4 years’+ proven development experience...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 4 vacancies available Responsible for the design and development of new Bank back-end applications according to specifications Experience 5 years' proven experience in software development Minimum SQL (T_SQL,...
Permanent Position - Based in Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Responsible for the writing and coding of individual programs for Bank Front-End applications according to specifications. Experience Requirements 5 years’ proven experience in software development...
Top Partner of the Year 2020 – Middle East and Africa January each year marks the annual WSO2 partner bootcamp in Colombo Sri Lanka, home of WSO2. DeARX has been an attendee since the inaugural event in 2019 and is sad that in 2021 we were forced to shift to a few...
The partnership will see the companies delivering open source API management and integration solutions to support the digital transformation initiatives of customers in Southern Africa Johannesburg, South Africa and Mountain View, CA, USA – April 2, 2019 – DeARX...
The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018"The solution particularly well suits buyers with strategies that combine integration, APIs and microservices with a desire for the benefits of open source” The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q3...