Your overall responsibility is to lead the team that is responsible for defining, planning, architecting and co-ordinating. Report to IT Manager you will have 12 sub ordinates this is a 12-24 month contract.
- Develop goals, strategies, and plans needed to achieve the Group and SA Infrastructure Architecture vision
- Build the capabilities to enable optimal IS infrastructure efficiency.
- Align the IS Infrastructure against the strategic intent of the company with agreed business outcomes within the portfolio, relevant TOGAF best practice, key approved decisions and enterprise wide programs.
- Recommend strategic infrastructure improvements to deliver medium to long-term benefit to increase delivery output.
- Influence the technology roadmap defined by Group Technology and assist with the enablement of Architecture within IS to define standards
- Develop and ensure implementation of a vendor sourcing strategy to manage technical delivery of requirements into the production environments as well as support and maintenance for the production environments.
- Influence the security roadmap defined by IS Security to business within IS by defining processes and standards.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and maintenance of architectural principles.
- Forecast, plan, develop and review infrastructure budgets in line with SA financial requirements.
- Ensure the long-term plans are put in place to drive OPEX down year-on-year.
- Drive the optimisation of costs associated with implementation and operation of infrastructure.
- Report on progress for operational cost efficiency initiatives.
- Support the creation of the business case for initiatives and projects in functional areas.
- Ensure that all senior team members are engaging in Vendor Relations and find ways to Leverage the vendor as much as possible in order to manage costs and that vendors provide.
- Ensure that all senior team members are involved in Contract ownership and that they update a central location with information on what
- At least 5 years in a multi-disciplinary IT environment, including, but not limited to, solution and application architecture, application design and development, SOA design, development and operations, database management, operations.
- 2 years’ experience in a position of leadership within an IT environment
- Experience in a telecommunications environment highly preferred
- Project management and business optimisation experience would be advantageous
- Management of external vendor/supplier relationships and service level agreements
Technical Certification (Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Hardware Platforms, Application Platforms)
Teams & Open Positions
Have a look at the open positions below, these roles are based in Johannesburg or Cape Town, please read the job description for more detail. Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Integration & Architecture
Analysis, Project & Admin
Contract Position Based in Cape Town Century City We are looking for an Angular Developer to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who strives to develop a first class codebase using Angular best practices. As an...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 9 vacancies available The purpose of the data engineer is to use their database, software engineering and programming skills to ensure that the necessary data is properly stored on the cloud platform and is...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Product development and implementation of software solutions to support the current and future business model. Experience 4 years’+ proven software development experience Essential...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Responsible for the maintenance of legacy and development of new service orientated applications (SOA) according to specifications. Experience 4 years’+ proven development experience...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 4 vacancies available Responsible for the design and development of new Bank back-end applications according to specifications Experience 5 years' proven experience in software development Minimum SQL (T_SQL,...
Top Partner of the Year 2020 – Middle East and Africa January each year marks the annual WSO2 partner bootcamp in Colombo Sri Lanka, home of WSO2. DeARX has been an attendee since the inaugural event in 2019 and is sad that in 2021 we were forced to shift to a few...
The partnership will see the companies delivering open source API management and integration solutions to support the digital transformation initiatives of customers in Southern Africa Johannesburg, South Africa and Mountain View, CA, USA – April 2, 2019 – DeARX...
The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018"The solution particularly well suits buyers with strategies that combine integration, APIs and microservices with a desire for the benefits of open source” The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q3...