Contract Role: Based in Sandton
- Banking Industry experience
- Practical IT operational experience
- IT Infrastructure Architecture experience
- General understanding of end-end IT infrastructure
- General application integration experience
- Exposure to Containerisation
- Exposure to Open Source Technologies (familiarisation with multiple design, construction, version control and testing tools)
- Experience working with teams across geographic boundaries and organisational levels
- Project Methodology (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall etc) (Advantageous)
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Exposure (Advantageous)
- Architectural Design Tools (Advantageous)
- Dev Ops Practices and tool knowledge
Job Purpose: Represent infrastructure and operations in supporting tribes, squads and projects by translating functional and non-functional requirements into infrastructure requirements, for innovation and operational initiatives that are consumable and reusable assets, thus ensuring that customer needs are satisfied
- Act as principle point of contact to tribes and squads
- Influence and partner (equal voice) with tribes and squads to maximise business benefits delivered from technology strategy and investments
- Capture business demands
- Ensures that the squads have appropriately designed infrastructure when project demand requires it
- Participate in the SCRUM sprints
- Consult with business on their requirements for the solution blueprints
- Proactively identify and prevent operational problems using a detailed understanding across all aspects of the infrastructure
- Continuously improve deployment and operations through the implementation of automation tools and processes
- Include the critical areas of focus for designs and blueprints such as: information assurance, data strategy, interoperability, application integration, information exchange, networks, and communications services (voice, video, and data).
- Work in a multidisciplinary squad with end-to-end responsibility for selected services.
- Share knowledge and closely collaborate across squads with a customer first culture.
- Ensure that all designs include non-functional requirements that guarantee availability and stability SLA’s are met
- Play an active role in the Continuous Delivery process to improve the time-to-market delivery for quickly adding business value by delivering the teams business-solutions
- Engage professionally with stakeholders
- Work with platform owners and application system owners to drive the resolution of operational issues
- Work in partnership with tribes and squads to agree mutual priorities , business demands and improvement opportunities which will deliver value
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
- Challenge the established practices and recommend improvement to continuously enhance and improve infrastructure delivery
Relevant IT related Degree or Diploma
ITIL, SCRUM & SAFE AGILE
Teams & Open Positions
Have a look at the open positions below, these roles are based in Johannesburg or Cape Town, please read the job description for more detail. Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Integration & Architecture
Analysis, Project & Admin
Contract Position Based in Cape Town Century City We are looking for an Angular Developer to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who strives to develop a first class codebase using Angular best practices. As an...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 9 vacancies available The purpose of the data engineer is to use their database, software engineering and programming skills to ensure that the necessary data is properly stored on the cloud platform and is...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Product development and implementation of software solutions to support the current and future business model. Experience 4 years’+ proven software development experience Essential...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 5 vacancies available Responsible for the maintenance of legacy and development of new service orientated applications (SOA) according to specifications. Experience 4 years’+ proven development experience...
Permanent Position - Based in Cape Town and Johannesburg 4 vacancies available Responsible for the design and development of new Bank back-end applications according to specifications Experience 5 years' proven experience in software development Minimum SQL (T_SQL,...
Top Partner of the Year 2020 – Middle East and Africa January each year marks the annual WSO2 partner bootcamp in Colombo Sri Lanka, home of WSO2. DeARX has been an attendee since the inaugural event in 2019 and is sad that in 2021 we were forced to shift to a few...
The partnership will see the companies delivering open source API management and integration solutions to support the digital transformation initiatives of customers in Southern Africa Johannesburg, South Africa and Mountain View, CA, USA – April 2, 2019 – DeARX...
The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018"The solution particularly well suits buyers with strategies that combine integration, APIs and microservices with a desire for the benefits of open source” The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q3...