- DeARX Services (Pty) Ltd (“DeARX” or “us” or “we” or “our”) understands the importance of protecting your personal information as defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (“the Act”).
- online, including through our websites, mobile sites, through social media interaction (“Sites”) and mobile applications (“Apps”) (collectively “Online Services”);
- in writing or orally; and/or
- personal information that we may collect offline or receive from third parties.
- If you do not accept these terms & conditions, please immediately desist from accessing the Online Services.
2. Notification of changes to Privacy Statement
- You should always verify the information set out in the Online Services with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus checking software on any material downloaded from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment.
4. Intellectual Property
5. Personal Information we collect
- Personal information is any information as defined by the Act, that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Depending on how you interact with us, personal information we collect may include:
- your name;
- email address;
- postal address;
- telephone number;
- log-in and account information for authentication purposes and account access;
- your gender; and
- social media account information.
- We may also collect other information that does not personally identify you. Such other information includes browser and device information, website and application usage data, IP addresses, demographic information such as marketing preferences, geographic location, primary language, and information collected through cookies and other technologies or information that has been anonymised or aggregated. If we link this information with your personal information, we will treat that linked information as personal information.
- You can choose not to provide personal information to us when requested, however, if personal information is necessary for us to provide you with our solutions and services, access to our Online Services, or to perform administrative functions, we may be unable to perform our obligations and enforce our rights, in which case we shall reserve the right to refuse access to services.
6. How we collect your personal information
- We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including when you access our Online Services, or interact with us in any other way, or use our solutions and services.
- We collect personal information when you place orders for our solutions and services, you create an account with us, when we process your orders and payment transactions, perform administrative and business functions, market our solutions and services to you and when you register for our events, workshops and seminars or subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters.
- We may collect or process personal information when we respond to your inquiries and requests, obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services or to process your application for employment with us.
- We do collect personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media sites, business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services.
7. Use of your personal information
- We may use your personal information to:
- enable you to effectively use and/or to improve our solution and services. For example, to:
- perform administrative and business functions and internal reporting;
- send administrative information to you;
- obtain feedback from you about our services and solutions including through client satisfaction surveys, in which event, we will only use your personal information for the sole purpose of communicating with you;
- respond to your inquiries and fulfil requests by you;
- inform you about and provide you with our services and solutions; and/or
- update our records and keep contact details up to date.
- provide you with marketing materials and/or to personalise your experience. For example, to:
- send marketing communications to you;
- provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us;
- enable you to subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists; and/or
- enable you to register for our events, workshops and seminars.
- achieve our business purposes and analyse information. For example, to:
- establish, manage, and maintain our business relationship with you;
- compile usage statistics for our Online Services;
- recruit staff;
- process and respond to privacy requests, questions, concerns and complaints; and/or
- fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
- We may engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate business interests and to enable you to benefit from your engagement with us.
- enable you to effectively use and/or to improve our solution and services. For example, to:
8. Sharing your personal information
- We may share your personal information for the processing in terms of the Act (as applicable):
- we have your consent to share the information
- with business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- with service providers to provide operational services or facilitate transactions on our behalf, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, client support, email delivery, data analytics and auditing;
- where you consent to the sharing of your personal information;
- in connection with, any joint venture, merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company; and/or
- for other legal reasons.
- We may share your personal information in response to a request for information by a competent legal or regulatory authority in accordance with applicable laws, regulation or legal process:
- where necessary to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or government orders; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of DeARX, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Any third parties with whom we share your personal information shall be contractually required to implement appropriate data protection and security measures to protect personal information and are not permitted to use personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are provided with or given access to personal information.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- enabling you to sign in to our Online Services;
- authenticating you;
- keeping track of information you have provided to us;
- improving your browsing experience;
- customising our interactions with you;
- storing and managing your preferences and settings;
- compiling statistical data;
- analysing the performance and usability of our Online Services;
- measuring traffic patterns for our Online Services; and/or
- determining which areas of our Online Services have been visited.
- These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our Online Services including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
10. What security measures are in place to protect your personal information?
- We shall always implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we collect.
11. How we store your Personal Information?
- We constantly review and improve our measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
- We store your personal information on site and may also or alternatively store your personal information on and transfer your personal information to a central database located in a Cloud Platform. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
- Communications over the internet (such as emails) are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
12. How to unsubscribe or opt-out
- If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our customer services team and you’ll be ‘opted out’. You can get in touch with customer services through the Contact Us page on our site.
- If you choose to unsubscribe or opt out, we will hold your contact details on file marked so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
13. How to find out what Personal Information of yours we are holding?
- To see the Personal Information we have collected through Online Services that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com. In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use of your Personal Information.
- To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
- The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to your use of this Website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law we, our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, hereby disclaim all liability for any loss, cost or damage (direct, indirect, consequential ,or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of your use of the Online Services or from any computer virus transmitted through the Online Services, or other sites accessed from the Online Services, whether such loss, cost or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage. In no event shall our total liability to you for all proven damages, costs, losses and causes of action in the aggregate (whether in contract, delict, including but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions, including our privacy statement, or use of Online Service exceed, in the aggregate, (ZAR) R700.00.
15. Contacting us
API Connect Developer Contract Role based in Sandton 3 vacancies available We are looking for exceptional individuals to build integration services on API Connect with an enthusiasm for solving interesting technical challenges in a Banking environment. Be involved...
Snr JAVA/JEE Developer (JBOSS)Permanent Position Based in Sandton We are looking for an exceptional individual to build Java integration services and applications with an enthusiasm for solving interesting technical challenges in a Banking environment. Be...
Process Server (BPEL) Developer Contract Role Based in Sandton We are looking for an exceptional individual to build scalable, native, BPEL applications with an enthusiasm for solving interesting technical challenges in a Banking environment. Be involved in all...
Lead Product EngineerContract Role based in JHB Education and experience required• 8+ years’ experience• Relevant B-Degree in Computer Science preferred but not essential if minimum requirements of experience & practical application in the following is evident:•...
Finance Business Analyst8 Month Contract based in JHB Proficiency in the following Highly skilled in requirements gathering and specification, process analysis and related documentation such as business requirements documentation, process flow diagrams, test cases....
Global Open Source Software Leader WSO2 Pens VAR Agreement with DeARX ServicesThe partnership will see the companies delivering open source API management and integration solutions to support the digital transformation initiatives of customers in Southern Africa...
Forrester name WSO2 a leaderThe Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q4 2018"WSO2’s open source solution provides a solid base for a variety of API strategies. As the only fully open source solution in our Forrester Wave analysis, WSO2 provides good breadth...